Insulated Concrete Form Homes (ICF)
Houston is an ideal place to build an ICF home and
Dreams 2 Reality is one of the few custom home builders
experienced in this technology.
Forms (or ICFs) are forms or molds that have built-in
insulation for accepting reinforced concrete. ICFs
have become a preferred home building product worldwide.
These large, hollow blocks are filled with reinforcing
bar and concrete. The end result leaves you with
a high-performing wall that is structurally sound,
insulated, strapped, has a vapor barrier and is
ready to accept final exterior and interior finishes.
An Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) Home can be multiple
stories high and have many design features of a
typical frame home. The ICF walls incorporate
framing, insulation, vapor barrier and shear resistance
into one step.
ICF homes offer many benefits
to the homeowner including:
- ICF homes typically save upwards of 50%
of utility costs when complementary materials
and methods are incorporated into the structure
- ICF homes provide quiet indoor environments.
- ICF homes are durable in that the structure
is solid concrete, unaffected by many of the
problems of common frame construction.
- The insulation value of the EPS foam never
deteriorates and is unaffected by moisture or
- The solid wall construction eliminates drafts
and air leaks that attribute to dust and pollen
buildup within the home.
- ICF homes that incorporate proper heating
and cooling systems offer clean air environments
for the occupants.
- ICF homes don’t incorporate cavity wall
construction that can be conducive to moisture
and mold buildup.
- ICF homes don’t offer a “readymade” home
for bugs and critters to live unlike wood frame
- ICF Homeowners repeatedly exclaim “We’ll
never go back to wood after living in our ICF
Want to see examples of ICF Homes we have built?
- Stahl ICF Home Slideshow
- Schriefer ICF Home Slideshow
- Rossingh ICF Home Slideshow